72nd LA-ACS Annual Meeting
April 5-7, 2024
Renaissance Arts Hotel Warehouse District
New Orleans, LA
ABSTRACTS SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Sunday, November 12, 2023 – Submission Deadline
Monday, December 11, 2022 – Notification of Acceptance
Friday, March 1, 2024 – Hotel Reservation Deadline
Sunday, March 10, 2024 – ePosters are due to the LA-ACS
April 5-7, 2024 – LA-ACS Annual Meeting
- All surgical residents, and fellows in a general surgery or surgical specialty residency/fellowship training program in the state of Louisiana.
- Medical students enrolled in a medical school in Louisiana – with an interest in surgery.
- One of the abstract authors must be a Fellow or Associate Fellow member of the Louisiana Chapter American College of Surgeons.
- All entries should represent original work done by the contestant while training in the state of Louisiana.
- Submit via this web-based submission process only.
- You may submit more than one abstract, but only the highest scoring will be accepted.
- Word Limit: (not counting abstract title, author string, or table/figure) must not exceed 250 words for the entire abstract
- Abstract Submission: Background, Objective, Methods, Results, and Conclusion
- Video Submission: Background, Objective, Methods, Results, and Conclusion
- Table or Figure Criteria
- One table or figure per abstract
- No identifying information for authors or institutions
- Tables must not contain more than five columns or ten rows.
- Do not submit doc or pdf files as attachments
- Video Submissions
- Videos should be no longer than 5 minutes
- Submitted in .mp4, .wmv, .avi or another high-quality video file format.
- Must be narrated in English with no background music.
The LA-ACS Program Committee will decide the presentation format for each accepted abstract.
- Podium presentation: 8-minute presentation (6-minute presentation; 2-minute Q&A)
- Mini Talks presentation: 5-minute presentation (no discussion)
- e-Poster Presentation: 3-minute presentation within the e-Poster Session (Sunday morning at 7:00am)
All lead authors/presenters must register by Monday, January 8, 2024. We encourage a faculty representative from the lead author’s program must be present at the annual meeting to support the resident, fellow, or medical student.
No abstract or speaker changes after Friday, March 15, 2024. No changes will be accepted by email. You must fill out this abstract change form.
Renaissance Arts Hotel
700 Tchoupitoulas Street
New Orleans, LA
Room rates begin at $219/night.
Reserve your room by Friday, March 1, 2024 @ 5:00pm to ensure the group rate.
Annual Meeting registration will open in mid-September 2023.
The 72nd LA-ACS Annual Meeting agenda will be released late 2023. Check back for updates.
SUPPORT THE LOUISIANA CHAPTER ACS MEETING
The 72nd Annual Meeting of the Louisiana Chapter ACS will take place April 5-7, 2024. This meeting is a wonderful opportunity to showcase your company before surgeons, residents, and medical students from Louisiana. Approximately 160 surgeons attend the meeting each year. The fee to exhibit is $2,000. Additional information in the Exhibitor Prospectus.
Need a letter? W-9? Email email@example.com.
Renaissance Arts New Orleans Warehouse District
700 Tchoupitoulas Street – New Orleans, LA
Reserve your hotel room by Friday, March 1, 2024